Spacemesh is a fairly mined cryptocurrency which is permissionless, trustless, secure and race-free. Spacemesh is built and distributed as a full open source project and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world as a commons under a permissive software license.
To get a full sense of the project's motivation, vision, scope, and values please read the blog posts on our website. To learn more about the platform from a tech perspective, please experience the resources available here.
Join us at the forefront of the next major tech disruption - programmable Internet money via decentralized consensus on computations.
We work in a flat, open organization where each team member is responsible to his or her peers for the quality and the delivery of major platform components, participates as an equal in all software design discussions and works closely with the Spacemesh researches and the open source community.
We are looking for a talented and eager devops engineer with a strong background in public cloud environments to develop from scratch our automation system and testnet infrastructure. A self motivated and fast learner individual with high standards and a strong work ethic that will fit our amazing team.
This is a full time remote / WFH position in a fully remote team.
- CI (currently transitioning from TravisCI to Github Actions).
- Testing infrastructure for network of miners (currently on Kubernetes).
- Managed miner network orchestration (currently on Terraform/Consul), for testnets and eventually mainnet.
- Managed miner network monitoring and alerting.
- Managed web services.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps or automation development from scratch - Must
- Former experience with docker, bash, python, kubernetes - Must
- Former experience with either Google cloud or Amazon AWS - Must
- Former experience with elasticsearch, configuration management (e.g. ansible, terraform, consoul) - Advantage
In addition to the technical requirements, the candidate must possess the ability and willingness to do all of the following:
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Think big and long term to create a vision for the company’s infra.
- Design that vision in detail, break it up into bite-size steps and create a realistic, incremental go-to-market plan.
- Be flexible and humble and accept that the vision cannot be perfect and will require updating and perhaps pivoting while it’s being implemented.
- Be a shipper - someone who cares about- and is capable of actually shipping working code early and often.
- Ability and willingness to effectively maintain legacy systems while incrementally transitioning to newer, better systems.
- Ability to extract requirements for both the long term and the immediate term.
Proactiveness to anticipate issues and mitigate them ahead of time.
Think you are a good fit and excited to hear more? We'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.